Christ is among us!
1. WELCOME! New parishioners are always welcome in our parish. If someone wishes to join, please contact Father Iura Godenciuc at 203 865-0388 or our Financial Secretary Natalie Chermak at 203 468-0367.
2. AFTER DIVINE LITURGY: Dear parishioners and guests, after each Divine Liturgy, coffee and hard rolls are available in the church hall.
3. VIGIL LIGHT: This week vigil light is offered to God’s glory by the Bamber Family for the victims of the hurricane in Puerto Rico.
4. FOOD DRIVE: Judy Ellis leads the mercy project which provides food items to the needy. A container is in our church vestibule for non-perishable food. This collection will be taken every week. Father Iura will distribute the food to those in need. Thanks for your support.
5. Helping At-Risk Pregnant Mothers
We are organizing a drive to collect diapers, seats, strollers and gift cards to be given to the St. Gianna Center of New Haven (www.gianna center .org). The Center says the diapers sizes 3, 4, 5, are in greatest demand. Please put a gift card in an envelop marked ”St. Gianna Center” and give it to directly Fr. Iura. Also, NEW car seats/ strollers are needed (sorry, old car seats/strollers can`t be accepted due to legislation). Your donations are greatly appreciated. Items can be placed in the labeled box at the entrance of the Church beginning on Sunday, November 19th. The St. Gianna Center is a ministry of Catholics in New Haven helping at-risk pregnant women and their children. The Generosity of the Center and its ability to operate relies directly upon the generosity of its benefactors. The mission of the Center relies on your kindness and prayers. Thank you!
6. Pyrohy Project: We will be making Pyrohy on Saturday, November 18th. We need your help on Friday to peel potatoes and Saturday to fill our orders. Please come and help. See Walter Ushchak for more information.
7. St. Michael’s Day: St. Michael’s day will be celebrated TODAY. After the Divine Liturgy, we will have a dinner and short program. All parishioners are cordially invited to this celebration. Tickets will be available through Luba Dubno. Tickets are $20.00 for adults, $10.00 for youth between 14-18. Free for students Ridna Shkola, altar boys and for children under 12. We will be running a raffle. If you would like to donate any items to be raffled, please bring them to our church hall on Sundays before our feast day. Also we ask to donate cakes for a desert.
8. The 85th Anniversary of the HOLODOMOR Genocide will be commemorated Saturday, November 18. March of Remembrance 11:30 a.m. from St. George Ukrainian Catholic Church, East 7th Street (between 2nd and 3rd Avenues), NYC. Also, the Holodomor Memorial Service at 2:00 p.m. at St. Patrick Cathedral 5th Avenue (between 50th and 51st Streets). Bus leaves at 8:30 a.m. from the Ikea parking lot, New Haven. The cost per person is $35.00 for adults, $15.00 for students. For more information see flyers in vestibule or call Maria Antonyshyn (203)-795-6959.
9. ANNUAL STAMFORD CHARITIES APPEAL: REMINDER: Please don’t forget to donate for the Charities Appeal. Please make your check payable to the Diocese of Stamford. DO NOT MAIL THE FORM TO THE CHANCERY OFFICE. We sincerely ask all parishioners to make a generous contribution.
10. Kovbasa and Kapusta Dinners Available: The Knights of Columbus Council have made fresh ¾ kielbasa (kovbasa) baked and fried, with 1+ pound of their special fresh cooked cabbage with a vegetable mix dinners. A good meal for two people. The kovbasa has been specially ordered from the Lasowiak Deli, 63 Derby Ave., Derby. It is their “REGULAR” Kielbasa. The price for the kovbasa meals are $12.00 each. The price for kapusta only is $7.00 for 2 pounds. Cash or check payable to the “KofC Council 16253.” Pickup after Divine Liturgy in the church hall.
11. ROOF REPAIR FUND ROOF, CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PLEDGES: Please consider the immediate as well as the long term repair capital improvement projects, roof and physical plant. (i.e., parking lot) that has been planned, both now and for the future and make a generous contribution to allow us to protect our property. The church hall roof which is 34 years old has developed major leaks. We have conducted a temporary patch to the hall roof to give us time to build up a Roof Repair Fund in a restricted account. As well as repairing the various roofs that needed treatment, especially the sacristy roof which had serious problems. These roofs have been repaired and must be maintained to prevent further water damage to our property and we cannot pay for them from regular weekly collection. Roof Repair Fund as well as Capital Improvement Fund envelopes as well as the long term Pledge forms are available in the vestibule of our church for your special sacrificial gift. Thank you for helping to keep our physical structures in good condition for our use today and for the next generation tomorrow.
12. BULLETIN ANNOUNCEMENTS: Dear parishioners. The information in this bulletin is from you and for you. You comprise the bulletin. If you have items of note, please bring them to our attention so that we can let everyone know.
13. CELEBRATING PATRIARCH JOSYF SLIPYI
One Hundred Twenty-Fifth Anniversary of Birth (February, 1892)
Centennial Year of Priestly Ordination (September, 1917)
Fiftieth Anniversary of First Pastoral Visit to The United States (summer, 1968)
Twenty-Fifth Anniversary of Transfer of his Body from Rome to Lviv (August, 1992)
14. CELEBRATING PATRIARCH JOSYF SLIPYI
The Ukrainian Museum and Library of Stamford is hosting a Commemorative Exhibit of Patriarch Slipyi’s memory and open to the public until Thanksgiving Day, 2017
Museum hours: Wednesday thru Friday 1-5 p.m. Saturdays (for group appointments)
15. SUMA FEDERAL CREDIT UNION: 555 George St., New Haven, CT. Business hours: Tues. 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., Sat. 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Phone 203-785-8805.