Christ is in our midst!
1. WELCOME ALL NEW PARISHIONERS! New parishioners are always welcome in our parish. If someone wishes to join, please contact Father Iura Godenciuc at 203 865-0388 or our Financial Secretary Natalie Chermak at 203 468-0367.
2. VIGIL LIGHT: This week vigil light is offered to God by Christine and Marybeth Gawron in memory of +Paul, Dorothy and Timothy Gawron.
3. FOOD DRIVE: Judy Ellis leads the mercy project which provides food items to the needy. A container is in our church vestibule for non-perishable food. This collection will be taken every week. Father Iura will distribute the food to those in need. Thanks for your generous support.
4. FEAST DAY CELEBRATION: St. Michael’s day will be celebrated on November 12, 2017. On this day we will have only one (1) Divine Liturgy at 10:30 a.m. After the Divine Liturgy, we will have a dinner and short program. All parishioners are cordially invited to this celebration. Tickets will be available through Luba Dubno. Tickets are $20.00 for adults, $10.00 for youth between 14-18. Free for students Ridna Shkola, altar boys and for children under 12. We will be running a raffle. If you would like to donate any items to be raffled, please bring them to our church hall on Sundays before our Feast Day. Also we ask to donate cakes for a desert.
5. ANNUAL STAMFORD CHARITIES APPEAL: REMINDER: Please don’t forget to donate for the Charities Appeal. Please make your check payable to the Diocese of Stamford. DO NOT MAIL THE FORM TO THE CHANCERY OFFICE. We sincerely ask all parishioners to make generous contribution.
6. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: We are in the process of cleaning, painting and updating the interiors of the church hall and the Church. Right now we would appreciate volunteers to help with cleaning and painting the walls and rooms in the church hall and the Church. Work crews are being scheduled. Please contact Father Iura with your availability. Your support and help is greatly appreciated and will help preserve the church for the future.
7. ROOF REPAIR FUND ROOF, CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PLEDGES: Please consider the immediate as well as the long term repair capital improvement projects that are being planned, both now and the future and make a generous contribution to allow us to protect our property. The church hall roof which is 34 years old has developed major leaks. Most of the other roofs especially the sacristy roof has serious problems. These roofs must be repaired to prevent further water damage to our property and we cannot pay for them from regular weekly collection. Roof Repair Fund envelopes as well as the long term Pledge forms are available in the vestibule of our church for your special sacrificial gift. Thank you for helping to keep our physical structures in good condition for our use today and for the next generation tomorrow.
8. BENEFIT for WOUNDED SOLDIERS: We invite everyone to a fundraiser benefiting wounded Ukrainian soldiers undergoing medical treatment in the U.S. The concert/dance will be held 5:00 p.m. on October 14th at the Ukrainian American Club, 279 King Dr., Southport, CT. Food and beverages may be purchased. Musical entertainment will be provided gratis by a trio from Ukraine that has over 100 concerts in Ukraine’s ATO war zone. $25 tickets are available from Fr. Iura Godenciuc,(203) 865-0388, Myron Melnyk (203)397-2087 or Carl Harvey (203) 530-8232.
9. USE OF THE FACILITIES: As we are improving the physical plant of the property, the question of the proper protocol for reserving time and space has come up. Simply put, Father is the Administrator and responsible for scheduling. So please, if you have a need, a program, an event, a meeting, whatever the case may be, you are required to communicate with Father Iura as to your needs and time. And please try to make it at least a month in advance. There are numerous things and events going on. Every effort is made to put the events as they are planned on the Church calendar which is posted on the website for your convenience. Thank you for your cooperation in making the Parish more user friendly for everyone.
10. SUMA FEDERAL CREDIT UNION: 555 George St., New Haven, CT. Business hours: Tues. 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., Sat. 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Phone (203) 785-8805; Fax: (203) 785-8677