1. Sorokousty: will be celebrated during Lent on All Souls’ Saturdays, March 18, April 1, June 3. Please take a book found in the entrance of the church, fill it out. Place it in envelope, and drop it in the collection basket. Let us remember all our loved ones who have gone to their heavenly reward. Eternal Memory!
2. Lenten Parish Mission: On Sunday, March 19 and April 9 , we will have Father Robert Markovitch giving a Mission in our parish. I would like to see all of our parishioners participate in this Mission in order to prepare themselves spiritually for the upcoming Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.
3. Pysanka —Ukrainian Easter Egg Workshop —will be held on Sunday, April 2, 2017 in the church hall from 1:00 to 3:30 p.m. It is open to youth and adults, but children must be accompanied by an adult. Bring your children and grandchildren to learn their heritage. Free to parish youth and Ridna Shkola students. See flyer for details or call Gloria Horbaty (203)269-5909 for information. Sponsored by: UNWLA, Branch 108, the Heritage Center and the CT Ukrainian American Historical Society.
4. The Ukrainian National Association, Branch 414, New Haven, will hold their 14th Annual EASTER EGG HUNT on Palm Sunday, April 9, 2017 at 12 noon on the church grounds. For information contact Gloria Horbaty at (203)269-5909.
5. The next meeting of the Ukrainian American Veterans, Bishop John Stock Post 33 of New Haven will be held on Sunday, March 19, 2017. We will begin the meeting immediately after the second Divine Liturgy. The meeting ill be held in Classroom 2. For more information, contact the Post Commander Carl Harvey at (203) 389-6076 or email@example.com.
6. Our next Pyrohy Saturday will be on Saturday, March 18, 2017. We need your help also on Friday 17 to peel potatoes. Please come and help. See Walter Ushchak for more information.
7. Sales: cabbage with sausage for $10.00 per container, stew with meat and mushrooms for $8.00, pierogies in bags for $12.00 or in container for $5.00.
8. SUMA Federal Credit Union, New Haven Branch, 555 George St., New Haven, CT. Business hours: Tuesdays from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m., AND Saturdays, 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Phone: (203) 785-8805; Fax: (203) 785-8677.
9. Mercy for the Needy: A container is in our church vestibule for non-perishable food. This collection will be taken every week. Father Iura will distribute the food to those in need. Thank you for your generosity. See Judy Ellis for more information.