Christ is among us!
1. WELCOME ALL NEW PARISHIONERS! New parishioners are always welcome in our parish. If someone wishes to join, please contact Father Iura Godenciuc at 203 865-0388 or our Financial Secretary Natalie Chermak at 203 468-0367.
2. AFTER DIVINE LITURGY: Dear parishioners and guests, after each Divine Liturgy, coffee and hard rolls are available in the church hall.
3. FOOD DRIVE: Judy Ellis leads the mercy project which provides food items to the needy. A container is in our church vestibule for non-perishable food. This collection will be taken every week. Father Iura will distribute the food to those in need. Thanks for your generous support.
4. ANNUAL STAMFORD CHARITIES APPEAL: REMINDER: Please don’t forget to donate for the Charities Appeal. Please make your check payable to the Diocese of Stamford. DO NOT MAIL THE FORM TO THE CHANCERY OFFICE. We sincerely ask all parishioners to make generous contribution.
5. KofC: The Knights of Columbus Blessed Metropolitan Andrey Sheptytsky Ukrainian Council will hold its next regular meeting on Monday, September 11, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. in the Church Hall. All men of parish are invited to attend to see what the Knights are all about and what they do and what you can do with them for your parish.
6. VETERANS POST 33: The next meeting of the Ukrainian –American Veteran Bishop John Stock Post 33 of New Haven will be held on Sunday, September 17, 2017. We will begin the meeting immediately following the second Divine Liturgy. The meeting will be held in Classroom 2. For more information, contact the Post Commander Carl Harvey at 203-389-6076 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. EPARCHIAL FAMILY DAY RETREAT: “The Christian Family in Today’s World” on October 1, 2017, Sisters Servants of Mary Immaculate, St. Mary’s Villa, 150 Sisters Servants Lane, Sloatsburg, NY. Program: Registration, 9:00 a.m.; Divine Liturgy, 10:00 a.m.; Lunch, 12:30 p.m.
Presentations: “The Christian Family in Today’s World!” by Father Bohdan Tymchyshyn, STD, PhD; “The Challenge of Raising Children in a Christian Way in the 21st Century” by Dr. Barbara Lutz; “Strategies for strengthening families and coping with the complexities of family life” by Father Yaroslav Nalysnyk; “How to provide spiritual care for divorced Catholics and broken families in our Eparchy!” by Fr. Martin Canavan.
At 4:00 p.m., a Moleben to the Mother of God with the Rite of Anointing will be prayed.
8. LEAGUE OF UKRAINIAN CATHOLICS: Annual Convention, October 6, 7 and 8. At the Genetti Best Western Hotel and Conference Center, 77 East Market Street, Wilkes-Barre, PA. 18701. Information and Registration Forms are in the Church Vestibule. Registration deadline by September 15, 2017 required.