Christ is among us!
1. VIGIL LIGHT: This week vigil light is offered by Halya Lodynsky for God’s blessing and health for Stefan Yurchak.
2. AFTER DIVINE LITURGY: Dear parishioners and guests, after each Divine Liturgy, coffee and hard rolls are available in the church hall.
3. SOROKOUSTY (All Souls): will be celebrated on every TODAY. The next All Soul’s Remembrance will March 4 and 11, May 19. Please take a book found in the entrance of the church, fill it out, place it in envelope and drop it in the collection basket. Let us remember all our loved ones who have gone to their heavenly reward. Eternal Memory!
4. The Annual Meeting of the Ukrainian National Association Br. 414 will be held on Sunday, February 25, 2018, at 12:00 noon in St. Michael’s Ukrainian Catholic Church Hall. All members are invited to attend in order to elect a delegate to attend the convention in May of 2018.
5. PYSANKA — Ukrainian Easter Egg Workshop will be held on Sunday, March 4, 2018 in the church hall from 1:00 to 3:30 p.m. It is open to youth and adults, but children must be accompanied by an adult. Bring your children and grandchildren to learn their beautiful heritage. Free to parish youth and Ridna Shkola students. Sponsored by UNWLA branch 108, the Heritage Center and the CT Ukrainian-American Historical Society.
6. Replica of the Shroud of Turin will be displayed in St. George Ukrainian Catholic Church in NYC until TODAY. Father Emilian Dorosh invites all faithful to take opportunity to venerate God by praying by the Shroud of Turin.
7. Living the Great Fast (Lent): By the threefold discipline of fasting, prayer and almsgiving the Church keeps the Great Fast/Lent from Monday, February 12, after the Cheesefare Sunday to the day before Easter, Holy Saturday, March 31. The following regulations apply, in general to all Ukrainian Catholics of the Stamford Eparchy between ages 21 to 60: Abstinence from meat and dairy products on the first day of the Great Fast, February 12, and Good Friday, March 30. The following regulations apply, in general, to all Ukrainians Catholics of the Stamford Eparchy between ages 14 to 60: Abstinence from meat is to be observed on all Fridays of the Great Fast. Abstinence from meat is suggested and encouraged on all Wednesdays of the Great Fast. The following are exempt from abstinence: 1. The poor who live on alms; 2. The sick and the frail; 3. Convalescents who are returning to their strength; 4. Pregnant women, and women who are nursing their children; and 5. Persons who perform hard labor. Meat is to be understood as including not only the flesh, but also those parts of warm-blooded animals that cannot be rendered, i. e., melted down, e.g., the liver, lungs, blood, etc. meat gravy or soup made from meat is included in this prohibition. Dairy products are to be understood as comprising products derived from mammals and birds, but not regarded as meat, e. g., cheese, lard, butter, milk, eggs, etc. Eucharistic Fast: A fast of one hour from food(prior to service begging time) should be kept by those receiving the Eucharist at the evening celebration of the Divine Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts, as well as, the Divine Liturgy of St John Chrysostom and St. Basil the Great.