Christ is in our midst!
1. WELCOME ALL NEW PARISHIONERS! New parishioners are always welcome in our parish. If someone wishes to join, please contact Father Iura Godenciuc at 203 865-0388 or our Financial Secretary Natalie Chermak at 203 468-0367.
2. AFTER DIVINE LITURGY: Dear parishioners and guests, after each Divine Liturgy, coffee and hard rolls are available in the church hall.
3. VIGIL LIGHT: This week vigil light is offered to God’s glory by Stefania Tsitaridis for God’s blessing and health for Maxim, Roxolana and Danylo.
4. FOOD DRIVE: Judy Ellis leads the mercy project which provides food items to the needy. A container is in our church vestibule for non-perishable food. This collection will be taken every week. Father Iura will distribute the food to those in need. Thanks for your generous support.
5. PYROHY: We will be making Pyrohy on Saturday, October 21, 2017 in the church hall and we are always looking for new talent to continue this twenty-five years parish project. We will be performing prep work and peeling potatoes on Friday October 20th. Please come and join the fun either day. Luncheon is provided on Saturday. Call the Project Director Walter Ushchak @ (203) 789-9554 for details.
6. KIELBASA: The Knights of Columbus Council will be making fresh ¾ kielbasa (Kovbasa) baked and fried, with 1+ pound of fresh cooked cabbage with a vegetable mix. A good meal for two people. These meals will be available when you pick up your pyrohy’s on October 21, 2017. Please preorder to ensure that we make enough for everyone. Please call (203) 789-9554 only and leave a message with your order.
7. K of C: The Knights of Columbus Blessed Metropolitan Andrey Sheptytsky Ukrainian Council will hold its next regular meeting on Monday, November 6, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. in the Church Hall. All men of parish are invited to attend to see what the Knights are all about and what they do and what you can do with them for your parish.
8. UAV: The next meeting of the Ukrainian–American Veteran Bishop John Stock Post 33 of N. H. will be held on Sunday, October 15, 2017. The meeting will begin immediately following the second Divine Liturgy. The meeting will be held in Classroom 2. For more information contact the Post Commander at 203-389-6076 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. St. Michael’s Day: St. Michael’s day will be celebrated on November 12, 2017. On this day we will have only one (1) Divine Liturgy at 10:30 a.m. After the Divine Liturgy, we will have a dinner and short program. All parishioners are cordially invited to this celebration. Tickets will be available through Luba Dubno. Tickets are $20.00 for adults, $10.00 for youth between 14-18. Free for students Ridna Shkola, altar boys and for children under 12. We will be running a raffle. If you would like to donate any items to be raffled, please bring them to our church hall on Sundays before our Feast Day. Also we ask to donate cakes for a desert.
10. BULLETIN ANNOUNCEMENTS: Dear parishioners. The information in this bulletin is from you and for you. You comprise the bulletin. If you have items of note, please bring them to our attention so that we can let everyone know.
11. ROOF REPAIR FUND ROOF, CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PLEDGES: Please consider the immediate as well as the long term repair capital improvement projects, roof and physical plant. (i.e., parking lot) that has been planned, both now and for the future and make a generous contribution to allow us to protect our property. The church hall roof which is 34 years old has developed major leaks. We have conducted a temporary patch to the hall roof to give us time to build up a Roof Repair Fund in a restricted account. As well as repairing the various roofs that needed treatment, especially the sacristy roof which had serious problems. These roofs have been repaired and must be maintained to prevent further water damage to our property and we cannot pay for them from regular weekly collection. Roof Repair Fund as well as Capital Improvement Fund envelopes as well as the long term Pledge forms are available in the vestibule of our church for your special sacrificial gift. Thank you for helping to keep our physical structures in good condition for our use today and for the next generation tomorrow.
12. ANNUAL STAMFORD CHARITIES APPEAL: REMINDER: Please don’t forget to donate for the Charities Appeal. Please make your check payable to the Diocese of Stamford. DO NOT MAIL THE FORM TO THE CHANCERY OFFICE. We sincerely ask all parishioners to make a generous contribution.
13. WOUNDED SOLDIERS: We invite everyone to a fundraiser benefiting wounded Ukrainian soldiers undergoing medical treatment in the U.S. The concert/dance will be held 5 p.m. on October 14th at the Ukrainian American Club, 279 King Dr., Southport, CT. Food and beverages may be purchased. Musical entertainment will be provided gratis by a trio from Ukraine that has performed over 100 concerts in Ukraine’s ATO war zone. $25 tickets are available from Fr. Iura, Myron Melnyk (203) 397-2087, or Carl Harvey (203) 530-8232.
14. USE OF THE FACILITIES: As we are improving the physical plant of the property, the question of the proper protocol for reserving time and space has come up. Simply put, Father is the Administrator and responsible for scheduling. So please, if you have a need, a program, an event, a meeting, whatever the case may be, you are required to communicate with Father Iura as to your needs and time. And please try to make it at least a month in advance. There are numerous things and events going on. Every effort is made to put the events as they are planned on the church calendar which is posted on the website for your convenience. Thank you for your cooperation in making the Parish more user friendly for everyone.
15. CELEBRATING PATRIARCH JOSYF SLIPYI
One Hundred Twenty-Fifth Anniversary of Birth (February, 1892)
Centennial Year of Priestly Ordination (September, 1917)
Fiftieth Anniversary of First Pastoral Visit to the United States (summer, 1968)
Twenty-Fifth Anniversary of Transfer of his Body from Rome to Lviv (August, 1992)
16. MUSEUM EXHIBIT on PATRIARCH JOSYF SLIPYI
The Ukrainian Museum and Library of Stamford announces the Opening of
a Commemorative Exhibit in remembrance of the Patriarch
Open to the Public until Thanksgiving Day, 2017
Museum hours: Wednesday thru Friday 1-5 p.m. Saturdays (for group appointments)
17. SUMA FEDERAL CREDIT UNION: 555 George St., New Haven, CT. Business hours: Tues. 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., Sat. 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Phone (203) 785-8805; Fax: (203) 785-8677