Christ is in our midst!
1. WELCOME ALL NEW PARISHIONERS! New parishioners are always welcome in our parish. If someone wishes to join, please contact Father Iura Godenciuc at 203 865-0388 or our Financial Secretary Natalie Chermak at 203 468-0367.
2. AFTER DIVINE LITURGY: Dear parishioners and guests, after each Divine Liturgy, coffee and hard rolls are available in the church hall.
3. FOOD DRIVE: Judy Ellis leads the mercy project which provides food items to the needy. A container is in our church vestibule for non-perishable food. This collection will be taken every week. Father Iura will distribute the food to those in need. Thanks for your generous support.
4. ANNUAL STAMFORD CHARITIES APPEAL: REMINDER: Please don’t forget to donate for the Charities Appeal. Please make your check payable to the Diocese of Stamford. Please do NOT mail the form to the chancery office. We sincerely ask all parishioners to make generous contribution.
5. UKRAINIAN INDEPENDENCE DAY TODAY: Will be celebrated here this year on Sunday, August 27, 2017. The Divine Liturgy will be celebrated at 10:00 a.m. A Proclamation Ceremony will take place on the New Haven Green by the flag pole at noon. The Annual Independence day picnic will commence at 1:00 p.m. at the church hall and Church garden. All are invited to attend. Saint Mary’s Ukrainian Orthodox Church will celebrate their Divine Liturgy at 10:00 a.m. and join us on the New Haven Green and at our picnic afterwards. The food served will be a selection of Traditional Ukrainian foods, drinks, soups and homemade desserts. As well as some traditional American hot dogs, hamburgers and ice cream for the children.
6. The last meeting for the 50th CT State Ukrainian Day Festival will be held on TOMORROW Monday, August 28, 2017, beginning at 6:30 p.m. The meeting will be hosted by The Protection of the Blessed Mary Ukrainian Catholic Church, 255 Barnum Avenue, Bridgeport, CT 06608.
7. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: We are in the process of cleaning, painting and updating the interiors of the church hall and later the Church. Right now we would appreciate volunteers to help with cleaning and painting the walls and rooms in the church hall basement. Work crews are being scheduled. Please contact Father Iura with your availability. Your efforts (elbow equity) into this project will save the Parish significant amounts of money, improve the appearance of the buildings and go towards protecting our assets for future generations.