8. FOOD HELP FOR THE UKRAINIAN INDEPENDENCE DAY PICNIC: Help is needed in two areas:
- We are in need of donations of home made desserts for the picnic on Sunday, August 27, 2017. Any help or baking would be a big help.
- We need help in the kitchen on Thursday, August 24, Friday, August 25 and Saturday, August 26 to cook the traditional Ukrainian foods for the picnic. Please call Nataliya Lyalka or Father Iura as to the details. Thank you
9. UKRAINIAN DAY FESTIVAL: The 50th Anniversary Ukrainian Day Festival will take place on September 10, 2017, on the grounds of St. Basil Seminary, Stamford, CT. The Festival will begin with a Divine Liturgy at 11:00 a.m. to be followed by ethnic Ukrainian Foods and traditional BBQ foods. There will be a program of entertainment in the afternoon for all to enjoy. Please come and join us for this milestone event. Advance admission and raffle tickets are available for purchase in the church hall. Please see Luba Dubno if you wish to purchase tickets.
10. VETERANS POST 33: The next meeting of the Ukrainian–American Veteran Bishop John Stock Post 33 of New Haven will be held on Sunday, September 17, 2017. We will begin the meeting immediately following the second Divine Liturgy. The meeting will be held in Classroom 2. For more information, contact the Post Commander at 203-389-6076 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. EPARCHIAL FAMILY DAY RETREAT: “The Christian Family in Today’s World” October 1, 2017, Sisters Servants of Mary Immaculate, St. Mary’s Villa, 150 Sisters Servants Lane, Sloatsburg, NY. Program: 9:00 a.m. Registration, 10:00 a.m. Divine Liturgy, 11:30 a.m. Lunch, 12:30 p.m.
Presentations: “The Christian Family in Today’s World!” by Father Bohdan Tymchyshyn, STD, PhD; “The Challenge of Raising Children in a Christian Way in the 21st Century” by Dr. Barbara Lutz; “Strategies for strengthening families and coping with the complexities of family life” by Father Yaroslav Nalysnyk; “How to provide spiritual care for divorced Catholics and broken families in our Eparchy!” by Fr. Martin Canavan.
At 4:00 p.m., a Moleben to the Mother of God with the Rite of Anointing will be prayed.
12. ROOF REPAIR FUND ROOF, CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PLEDGES: Please consider the immediate as well as the long term repair capital improvement projects that are being planned, both now and the future and make a generous contribution to allow us to protect our property. The church hall roof which is 34 years old has developed major leaks. Most of the other roofs especially the Sacristy roof has serious problems. These roofs must be repaired to prevent further water damage to our property and we cannot pay for them from regular weekly collection. Roof Repair Fund envelopes as well as the long term Pledge forms are available in the vestibule of our church for your special sacrificial gift. Thank you for helping to keep our physical structures in good condition for our use today and for the next generation tomorrow.